Air Monitoring Training 2019
The start time each day may be subject to slight adjustment. The end time on the last day should be no later than noon.
- Deadline - Wednesday, July 31, 2019. Registration by this deadline is VERY important due to uncertainties about whether the LSASD facilities will fully accommodate the total training demand.
- We would also like notification of expected local/state agency attendance by e-mail to Doug Carson by July 24 if possible to assist with ensuring adequate lodging rooms are available.
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
- An agenda can be downloaded from the link below.
- Course topic areas - ambient monitoring, quality assurance, other related topics.
- Course resources - selected modules from the newly revised APTI 470 quality assurance course plus other important topics that have been selected by EPA .
Day 1 (start time early a.m.)
- Data Validation: APTI 470 – Module 7
- Measurement Uncertainty (APTI 470 – Module 4)
- How to Handle Exceedances in AQS
- 1-Pt QC Checks and AQS
- Records / Document Management (APTI 470 – Module 5)
- Certification Records / Traceability (APTI 470 – Module 6)
- Electronic Recordkeeping
- Common TSA Findings
- Quality Improvement (APTI 470 Course - Module 12 )
Day 3 (end time around noon)
- Data Assessment (could be taken from APTI 470 Module 8, or completely new material). Topics may include data assessment tools, such as the DASC, box & whisker plots, control charts, etc.
- 2020 Network Assessment (EPA Region 4 ARD staff)
- Hotels are available in the Athens area but hotel space is limited due to a major conference the week of this training. Suggested hotels that have a government rate available at the time of this posting are: SpringHill Suites and Candlewood Suites (west side of Athens) and The Graduate (downtown Athens), Please be sure to ask your hotel contacts if they can offer a government rate.
- No room block has been set up at this time
- Some complimentary parking is available at the Hilton Garden Inn because they have more parking spaces in their garage than rooms. It may fill up though, depending on our crowd.
- The hotel does tell us of another multi-level parking garage for $3 a day that is next door across the street. This garage is called the 325 E. Washington Street Garage and serves part of the county goverment complex. Please view this linked document.