Asbestos Workshop 2018
Event Description: This periodic workshop is intended to facilitate the exchange of information among the local and state asbestos programs and U.S. EPA regarding current asbestos regulatory program implementation and compliance efforts, approaches, and issues.
Agenda: the current agenda can be accessed by click here.
Meeting Location: North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, 5605 Six Forks Road, Eagle Room – 3-3-C25, Raleigh, NC 27609
Check in with Receptionist in lobby to gain access to 3rd Floor. Parking is complimentary.
- Location: Fairfield Inn & Suites Raleigh Crabtree Valley, 2201 Summit Park Ln, Raleigh, NC 27612.
- Lodging rate: $118.91 ($105.00 + 13.25% tax).
- To make your hotel reservation:
- By phone, call (919) 881-9800. Ask for the Asbestos Group
- Via the internet, click here
- Reservations are recommended by: August 10, 2018.
- IMPORTANT: Please use the Fairfield Inn, since we have a contractual obligation to the hotel
- If your reservation is to be cancelled, please do so at least 72 hours prior to scheduled arrival to avoid having to pay for one night of lodging.
Workshop Registration and Fee Payment Process:
- The registration fee for the workshop is $55.00.
- Please complete your online registration by Friday, August 10, 2018
- If you wish to register and /or pay for multiple attendees from a single agency account, please contact Doug Carson (404-361-4000, firstname.lastname@example.org), for details.
- Please initiate workshop registration by clicking on "Start Registration" at the bottom of this page. If you need detailed registration and fee payment instructions, click here .
- Fee payment deadline: If by credit card, at the time of registration. If by check, SESARM should receive payment no later than Friday, September 7.
- From the airport: Taxi is approximately $45.plus tip.
- To the meeting location: There is no shuttle from the hotel to the meeting location which is 3.6 miles away. If you are driving to the meeting or renting a car at the airport, we would appreciate knowing how many available seats you may have to transport fellow attendees to and from the meeting. Please contact Doug Carson (404-361-4000) ASAP so we can determine whether we can accommodate everyone’s transportation needs.
- Once you reach the DHHS parking lot (meeting location) you may need to park in the rear of the building. The lobby entrance is in the front of the building. Please check-in with the receptionist in the lobby.
- If you need a ride from the hotel to the meeting location, let Doug Carson (404-361-4000, email@example.com) know, so we can match your need with available vacant seats.
- Restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel in the Crabtree Valley Mall complex.
- Overnight self-parking for guests is complimentary at the hotel.
- Workshop attendance is expected to be 40-50 attendees.
- Please plan on arriving for the first morning of the workshop between 8:00 – 8:15 a.m. EDT so the meeting can start promptly at 8:30.
- Coffee, sodas, and water will be provided throughout the day. Light snacks will be provided in the morning and afternoon. Lunch and dinner will be on your own.
- Suggested attire is business casual.
- Please bring your gov’t ID for entrance into the building.
- Wi-Fi is available in the meeting room.