The Palm Beach County, Florida local air pollution control agency has a Professional Engineer Supervisor II vacancy in West Palm Beach. The position manages permitting and compliance monitoring for the agency. Please visit the link below to obtain additional information:
The Shelby County, Tennessee local air pollution control agency has an Engineer B position vacancy in Memphis serving its permitting and enforcement programs.
SHELBY COUNTY GOVERNMENT
GRANT FUNDED POSTING
Salary Commensurate with Experience and Education
Works under the general supervision of the Engineering Supervisor to perform technical work in air pollution permitting and enforcement.
- Three (3) years of experience as an environmental engineer or related field; and
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree of engineering in chemical, civil, mechanical, or environmental engineering;
- A professional engineer’s license in training certification is equivalent to three (3) years of related experience.
- PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
- Must be able to climb ladders/scaffolding, access rooftops and other structures as required.
- Must have a valid Tennessee driver's license or obtain one by date of employment.
- Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet County requirements for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to discuss air pollution rules and regulations with fellow workers, superiors, and other private and public individuals.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, evaluate situations, and makes appropriate decisions concerning program activities.
- Ability to prepare, review, and edit technical documents including, air pollution permits, enforcement actions, and inspection reports and understand complex mathematical calculation.
- Ability to use specific programs and the internet to calculate the emissions from sources, such as, AP-42, Air Chief, and Tanks programs and/or Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and organize assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of and the ability to interpret environmental rules and regulations.
- Must obtain visible emissions certification to perform and observe EPA Method 9 and TVEE testing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enforces the air pollution code by developing air permits for assigned industrial sources. All permits must be clear, accurate, contain all current local and Federal applicable requirements, and be practically enforceable. All permit applications must be processed in accordance with procedures in the rules and Department policies, and permits must be issued within the time period allowed for the specific type of permit.
- Enforces the air pollution code by assuring that all assigned sources receive a minimum EPA level two inspection at least once per year and reports of those inspections are completed and filed within 30 days of the inspection.
- Develops enforcement recommendations with the Engineering Supervisor based on inspection or investigation results utilizing the Section’s penalty policy. Recommendations should primarily serve the purpose of improving compliance and must be supportable based on policies and rules, and should be consistent with past practices.
- Investigates complaints and assures investigations are carried out professionally and within a reasonable time. Initial complaint investigations will be within 24 hours of the logging of the complaint.
- Educates and informs the public, employees, and co-workers, and answers questions concerning specific assigned facilities, air pollution regulations, complaints, and air pollution emissions.
- Assures competence by attending periodic training to remain current with changes in laws and regulations; air pollution permitting, inspection and testing procedures; pollution control technology; and Shelby County policy and procedures.
- Develops and provides compliance assistance to industry regarding testing, permitting and other air pollution control activities and requirements.
- Performs others job-related duties as assigned.
814 JEFFERSON AVENUE, MEMPHIS, TN 38105
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or disability status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
If special assistance is needed to complete the application process,
please email Human Resources at HRinfo@shelbycountytn.gov
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: https://jobs.shelbycountytn.gov