Metro 4/SESARM Partnership
Metro 4 and SESARM collaborate on many efforts to support the local and state agencies in the Southeast. This partnership has existed since the 1990s when both organizations were founded. Office operations were consolidated in the late 1990s, first in Columbia, South Carolina and in 2002 in their first formal offices in Forest Park, Georgia. The organizations moved to Stockbridge, Georgia in 2013. On September 30, 2020, centralized operations ceased in Stockbridge. Future staff will work from decentralized locations around the Southeast.
Metro 4 and SESARM operate under a Memorandum of Agreement most recently updated in June 2019. The general purposes of both organizations are similar and working together on air quality issues has always proven fruitful. The organizations are committed to serving unique needs of their respective member agencies but always seek to collaborate and find consensus on important issues where possible.
Metro 4/SESARM Mission
- "To enhance the knowledge, effectiveness, and efficiency of member agencies in managing and improving Southeastern air quality."
Metro 4/SESARM Core Values
- Technical accuracy
- Customer service
Metro 4/SESARM Core Responsibilities
- Administration - Overseeing general organizational operations including staff and operational infrastructure.
- Advocacy - Sharing agency positions on topics of interest.
- Agency Support - Providing assistance to member agencies to attend technical events and in some cases to host intra-agency and intra-state workshops
- Communications - Promoting interaction between local and state agencies in the Southeast.
- Grant Management - Applying for, utilizing, and being accountable for funds required to conduct Metro 4/SESARM operations, primary via federal grant funds from U.S. EPA
- Knowledge Management - Developing and enhancing staff expertise through meetings, workshops, training courses, webinars, conference calls, and this web site.
- Technical Analysis - Managing air quality analysis projects that provide critical information to member agencies.
Metro 4/SESARM Policies
- Code of Ethics <insert date> (placeholder)
- Policies <insert date> (placeholder)
Metro 4/SESARM Procedures
- Administration <insert date> (placeholder)
- Asset Management <insert date> (placeholder)
- Conflict of Interest <insert date> (placeholder)
- Expense Reimbursement <insert date> (placeholder)
- Financial Management <insert date> (placeholder)
- Nondiscrimination <insert date> (placeholder)
- Personnel <insert date> (placeholder)
- Procurement <insert date> (placeholder)
- Records Management <insert date> (placeholder)
- Travel <insert date> (placeholder)
- Whistleblower <insert date> (placeholder)