See About Us in the top menu for more information on Metro 4 and SESARM, the nonprofit organizations serving 17 local and 10 state air pollution control agencies in the Southeast. While this web site is designed primarily to serve the needs of the member agencies, we may occasionally offer certain information on our site for general public use as well. Thank you for visiting.
CANCELED EVENTS DUE TO CORONA VIRUS. As of March 17, 2020. The following events affecting local and state agencies in the Southeast have been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- March 17-19 NACT 334 Permitting Course in Irmo, SC.
- March 24-26 Region 4 Monitoring Workshop and Exhibition in Chattanooga, TN.
- April 15-17 CAPCA Meeting in Asheville, NC.
- April 21-23 NACT 355 Advanced Inspector Course in Raleigh, NC.
- April 21-24 NACT 200 courses (4) in Frankfort, KY.
- April 22-24 AAPCA Spring Meeting in Salt Lake City, UT.
- May 5-7 EPA National Modelers' Conference in Minneapolis, MN.
- May 18-19 NACAA Spring Membership Meeting in Phoenix, AZ.
The Metro 4/SESARM/EPA Spring 2020 Grants/Planning remains on the calendar at this time, as do two training courses in June. Interested individuals may sign up for these by clicking on Events above and then on Formal Courses or Other Events.
Air Director Appointment - Western North Carolina Regional Air Quality Agency. March 9, 2020. Ashley Featherstone was appointed Director of Air Quality for the Buncombe County (Asheville), NC local air pollution control agency. See "News" for more information.
VISTAS regional haze technical project. Please click on the "Technical Center" tab and then on "Regional Haze" to review summary information for the southeastern regional haze project for the second planning period.