TASK 5 - AREA OF INFLUENCE ANALYSIS
AREA OF INFLUENCE ANALYSIS SUMMARY
- Three iterations of the area of influence (AOI) analysis were completed in the first half of 2019.
- The goal of the AOI analysis was to identify visibility impairment contributions from major point sources within the VISTAS_12 modeling domain to Class I areas in the modeling domain and nearby.
- The AOI analysis technical work was completed in June 2019.
AREA OF INFLUENCE ANALYSIS RESULTS
AOI results have been summarized for the 18 VISTAS Class I areas and six nearby non-VISTAS Class I areas. In addition, individual Class I area results may also be found at the links below.
- AOI Analysis Data
- Individual VISTAS Class I Area Results
- AL - Sipsey Wilderness Area
- FL - Chassahowitzka Wilderness Area
- FL - Everglades National Park
- FL - St. Marks Wilderness Area
- GA - Cohutta Wilderness Area
- GA - Okefenokee Wilderness Area
- GA - Wolf Island Wilderness Area
- KY - Mammoth Cave National Park
- NC - Linville Gorge Wilderness Area
- NC - Shining Rock Wilderness Ar
- NC - Swanquarter Wilderness Area
- SC - Cape Romain Wilderness Area
- TN/NC - Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- TN/NC - Joyce Kilmer-Slick Rock Wilderness Area
- VA - James River Face Wilderness Area
- VA - Shenandoah National Park
- WV - Dolly Sods Wilderness Area
- WV - Otter Creek Wilderness Area
- Individual Non-VISTAS Class I Area Results